November 11, 2010

Night & Light

"Highway Lights". 10/8/10, 11:26 pm. Mile marker 396, I-15 southbound, Utah. f/4.5. 30 sec. - Nikon D60. Tripod. Edits on this image are added fill light, brightness, contrast, clarity, sharpness, and the addition of a vignette in RAW.

I captured this image while I was waiting for a tow truck one night--my car had broken down while I was driving to Utah for a floral conference the next day. Since I knew I'd be there awhile I got out my camera and tripod and did some shooting.

"Nappy time". 11/10/10, 9:30 pm. Rexburg, Idaho. f/4.8. 15 sec. - Nikon D60. Tripod, green lazer. Edits are adjustments on blacks, brightness, and contrast in RAW. Then I lowered the saturation for the reds, oranges, yellows, blues, purples, and magentas, and added a slight vignette, also in RAW.

I like the monochromatic look better than the original image because the toxic green stands out more when it's not competing to be the main element. If you want to see the original image, check out my other blog, here.

"The Lake House". 11/10/10, 10:00 pm. Rexburg, Idaho. f/13. 5 sec. - Nikon D60. Tripod. For editing I adjusted the recovery, fill light, blacks, contrast, clarity and cropped image in RAW.

To get this light painting effect I focused on the TV and as the image exposed I zoomed the lens in and out to get the 3D look.

2 comments:

  1. your night lights ones are really good too. You're such a good photographer!! I think the "Highway Lights" is my favorite but "Nappy Time" is fun too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you captured the pattern so well on the couch. It made the picture more interesting. I also liked the angle of the first picture. Creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete