November 1, 2010

Photolusion

Photolusion is a photo that creates an illusion of something it is not. "Photolusion straight" is one, unedited photo taken to create an illusion, whereas "photolusion blend" is when two or more images are blended together in Photoshop to create an illusion.

Photolusion Blend


"Pattern". 11/1/10, 11:04 am. Benson Biology Museum, BYU-I Campus, Rexburg, Idaho. f/5.6. 1/4 sec. - Nikon D60. No edits.


"Rock". 11/1/10, 11:03 am. Benson Biology Museum, BYU-I Campus, Rexburg, Idaho. f/5.6. 1/6 sec. - Nikon D60. No edits.


"Horns". 11/1/10, 11:00 am. Benson Biology Museum, BYU-I Campus, Rexburg, Idaho. f/5.6. .4 sec. - Nikon D60. No edits.


"Longhorn Pride"

Over the weekend my husband and I were remarking that aside from our Hart clothes, we don't own any BYU-I paraphernalia. Whereas where he's applying to grad school, the University of Texas at Austin, having longhorn pride is the way to be. I thought it a bit more, and it morphed into my photolusion.

Photolusion Straight



"Pumpkinhead". 10/29/10, 12:46 pm. Thomas E. Ricks demonstration gardens, Rexburg, Idaho. f/4.5. 1/1250 sec. - Nikon D60. Cropped.

Just a happenstance moment in the gardens last week.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Longhorn pride shot! I had such a hard time coming up with anything clever, but I felt like you did the job. Good work!

    ReplyDelete