September 21, 2010

Blending and Type

This assignment was something completely new to me, so I hope you all like how it turned out!

"Flower Child". 9/15/2010, 7:59 pm. Past Lyons Creek Rd., Rexburg, ID. f/22. 1/2 sec. - Nikon D60. Tripod. Color adjustments in RAW.


I did a repeat and fade type on this picture starting with a textbox that covered the entire page, and spilling over the edges slightly. I then added about a line and a half of text, increased the spacing between the lines through the character palette, and copy and pasted the text across the entire page. Next I made a new type layer (ctrl+j), changed the font type and color, widened the text box farther off the page, and moved the text box into the free space between the lines. I then lowered the opacity of both layers and created a mask on both layers so that selected parts of my subject isn't covered with type. I also added an additional couple of layers for the main text, "Flower Child", and made those layers the top-most layers.


"Breezy Face". 9/15/10, 7:56 pm. Past Lyons Creek Rd., Rexburg, ID. f/25. 1/4 sec - Nikon D60. Tripod. No edits.


"Pampas". 9/21/10, 9:23 am. Spori Quad, Rexburg, ID. f/8. 1/320 sec. - Nikon D60. No edits.


I used blending modes to put these two images together, choosing overlay. The top image is at 70% opacity and I did a mask of 100% over her face, and about 50% around her body to let her shine through a bit more.

2 comments:

  1. First of all I love the bright orange rustic wall that is next to her. I think it was so creative to blend the pampas with a portrait, I love how it turned out, the picture is so much more interesting with the texture feel! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above comment..LOVE the bright orange and the contrast that provides. I think the text is a bit hard to read on "flower child." Perhaps a different color or choice of font and font placement would make it a bit easier. Good work though!

    ReplyDelete