September 21, 2010

Color Study

This was an interesting assignment for me because of the color that I used, orange. It's not a color that I'm usually drawn to--I don't have any orange clothing or accessories in my wardrobe, and it's just about the last color I will usually use when I'm color coding a list or something.

Last week while I was riding my bike around town however, orange was what kept catching my eye. By the time I got around to taking pictures I didn't get any of my inspirations though . . . perhaps we'll see them later in the semester.

"Rusty Lid". 9/20/10, 5:23 pm. BYU-I campus, Rexburg, ID. f/36. 1/5 sec. - Nikon D60. Tripod. Minor color adjustments in RAW.

The rusty orange caught my eye and I love the texture.


"AnnaLisa". 9/20/10, 5:35 pm. 1st West, Rexburg, ID. f/25. 1/13 sec. - Nikon D60. Tripod. Red color adjustment in RAW.

A friend of mine saw me shooting and inquired as to what I was doing. When I looked up and explained the assignment and knew I had to capture her book and shirt. Texture and rusty orange! YES!

"Water". 9/20/10, 5:45 pm. Stadium parking lot, BYU-I campus, Rexburg, ID. f/4.2. 1/400 sec. - Nikon D60. Tripod. Changed white balance in RAW.


"Tail Light". 9/20/10, 5:52 pm. Stadium parking lot, BYU-Idaho campus, Rexburg, ID. f/5.6. 1/500 sec. - Nikon D60. Tripod. No edits.

When I started shooting the tail light the pictures all looked a bit boring. It wasn't until I remembered that sometimes a bit of a tilt is all I need to create interest . . . and I like the result.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the "water" photo, because it kind of contradicts its name, usually I associate water with the color blue, yet your main color is brown. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the angle on the taillight picture. It really creates an interesting effect to an otherwise probably dull image. Nice perspective

    ReplyDelete