October 5, 2010

Action Blur & Freeze

"Two". 9/29/10, 2:13 pm. Bannack, MT. f/6.3. 13 sec. - Nikon D60. Tripod. Recovery, blacks, brightness, contrast adjustments in RAW.

For this shot my group and I were in a dark room in the back of one of the shacks. We first tried getting ghost trails, but there was too much light for the trails to register, so this shot with two ghosts made for something a little different.

"Escape Route". 9/29/10, 3:09 pm. Hotel, Bannack, MT. f/4. 1/1600 sec. - Nikon D60. Exposure, blacks, brightness, contrast adjustments in RAW. Slight crop in Photoshop.

In this image I can see our escapee jumping off the hotel porch trying to dodge bullets and make for the sunset . . . but in reality it was a total staged jump. I do like the texture in the lattice and that you can see through the window into the staircase though. I think I got lucky with this one.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the picture of the two ghosts, it has great color. The action shot is cool to, I hope the poor boy didn't break his legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the action shot idea, it looks like focus was missed though, the lattice is tack sharp whereas he's a little soft

    ReplyDelete