October 5, 2010

HDR Edits

"Temple Reflection". 9/29/10, 3:32 pm. Masonic Temple, Bannack, MT. f/5.6. 1/200 sec. - Nikon D60. Tripod. No edits.

This shot is a reflection looking back at the Masonic Temple.

This is my one shot HDR. I took enough shots to do a full HDR, but I like how this one shot worked out. Very moody. I used the "Mysterious Light 4" for the color effect.

"Stairs 1". 9/29/10, 2:41 pm. Hotel, Bannack, MT. f/8. 1/200 sec. - Nikon D60. Tripod. No edits.

"Stairs 2". 9/29/10, 2:40 pm. Hotel, Bannack, MT. f/8. .4 sec. - Nikon D60. Tripod. No edits.

"Stairs 3". 9/29/10, 2:40 pm. Hotel, Bannack, MT. f/8. 1/10 sec. - Nikon D60. Tripod. No edits.

"Stairs 4". 9/29/10, 2:40 pm. Hotel, Bannack, MT. f/8. 1/40 sec. - Nikon D60. Tripod. No edits.

I merged quite a few HDR images, but this one definitely looks the most realistic, most of the others had crazy colors and effects that were too much for me, but I like how this one turned out. I especially like how the colors are reflected on the ceiling. If I could take this shot over though, I would step more into the middle of the room to get the staircase more strait on. Also, I wish I would have gotten some shots looking up the stairs. Oh well, perhaps next time.

4 comments:

  1. I like your HDR photo of the stairs. I think the color looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that your HDR picture of the stairs really shows of how much HDR can improve a series of photos. I love the coloring of the yellow walls with the dark door frames. Your temple reflection picture is really creative and unique - the dark blue sky is pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you got a decent reflection temple shot :) The HDR really adds to the effect

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors of the HDR. I don't recall orange in that room but adding it makes the image art. Good job!

    ReplyDelete