October 5, 2010

Portraits

"Kimber". 9/29/10, 1:30 pm. Bannack, MT. 1/250 sec. - Nikon D60. Tripod, gold reflector. Brightness and contrast adjustment in RAW. Clone stamp tool in Photoshop.

I knew I wanted a shot next to the awesome warm wood on this shed, but having Kimber in the direct sunlight would have been too harsh, so I had her sit in the shade and someone reflected some light into her.

"Meeshelle". 9/29/10, 2:58 pm. Hotel, Bannack, MT. f/4.2. .3 sec. - Nikon D60. Tripod. Recovery, brightness, contrast, and white balance adjustment in RAW. Slight crop in Photoshop.

The Bannack veterans were right when they suggested getting portraits in the hotel, because the light is perfect--soft from both sides and it gives off a nice ratio with this short open loop posing.

6 comments:

  1. Good job on the portraits. Great lighting on Meeshelle. and great background in the Kimber portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimber's photo is great. I love the angle and how you applied the rule of thirds, I think that especially made the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lighting on the Meeshell photo is great! Good work on the portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these portraits! The coloring in the photo of Kimber just gets me - maybe it's the contrast between the sides of the shed, I don't know, but I like it! Great composition too! And I like the casual look of Meeshell's pose with the serious look on her face that's all played up by the lighting. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great portraits! Really. You've got a knack for them so keep developing that talent and I'm sure you'll be able to get some $$$ out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi my name is Bianca Carreno. I am Sister Esplin's TA and she asked me to look at everyones blog posts. I really like how you shot your second portrait picture. The blue really accents the photo and I like the shadows and lighting.

    ReplyDelete